Before you begin any type of redecorating it is best to draw up a floor plan so that you can save time, money and have an organized well-coordinated room in the end. A floor plan will show measurements of everything including the floor, walls, windows, pictures and anything else.
Before you start drawing this floor plan there are some basic tools and supplies you will need to have. These supplies will make the process quicker and easy. Here is the list.
1. Folder- You need to have something to place all of the sketches, drawings, color samples and everything else pertaining to the decorating. This way things stay organized and you don’t end up losing something.
2. Paper- You need a variety of paper for this to work. Normally I use a notebook to write down all my ideas and measurements in. Then I have a sketch book to make rough drawings of the layout of the room. Then I have large graph paper which I use to make a perfect scale model drawing of the room.
3. Writing Utensils- It is important that you have a variety of writing instruments and colors. I use black to draw my walls but then use other colors to represent different things like furniture, pictures and windows in the room. It is also handy to have chalk to use on the walls because it simply brushes away and leaves no mark behind.
4. Measuring Tape- It is essential to have a measuring tape so that you can have accurate measurements. I suggest buying a 25-ft retractable tape for most measurements. However, it is also handy to have a short cloth measuring tape for hard to measure items, like ones that curve.
5. Ruler- This comes in handy when you do your sketches. Normally my rough sketches I just draw without a ruler but when I do my scale model I make sure to use a ruler for everything.